Hi Simple Stories friends. It's Heather and I'm here to share a couple of projects I made using A Charmed Life and DIY Boutique collections.
Happy. Go. Lucky. | A Charmed Life
I absolutely LOVE to stitch on my layouts and this one (and the one below) are no exception. To create this layout, grab your A Charmed Life supplies and do the following:
- Cut the 6x12 Page Elements (Hearts) Paper in half to use on the right side of the page
- Cut the Navy Stripe Paper at 8"x12". Machine stitch in different places along the stripes with navy thread to get a tone on tone effect.
- Adhere the stitched navy paper to the left side of plain cardstock.
- Adhere the heart paper to the right side overlapping the navy.
- Cut small strips of the Happy. Go. Lucky paper and adhere where the paper seams meet.
- Using the Green Stripes, Happy Times papers, along with 3x4 snaps cards and the tag from the Bits & Pieces, distress and layer them under your photo.
- Cut the Happy. Go. Lucky. card from the Insta squares into individual banners. Staple over the photo.
- Add embellishments (chipboard, die cuts, fussy cut elements) to your page. Use pop dots of various sizes to add dimension.
- Add a journaling spot and you are done!
"Poppin' Tags" PageMaps Layout | DIY Boutique
I love working with sketches so when the opportunity to worj with Becky Fleck's March PageMaps presented itself, I jumped at the opportunity. The sketch was perfect for documenting a girl's weekend with some of my favorite scrappy friends. The DIY Boutique collection, with it's bright colors and great sentiments, was a sure fit for fun times with friends.
To create this layout, take a peek at the PageMaps sketch and follow these easy steps:
- Trim a 1/2" inch off the top and one side of the grey woodgrain paper.
- Center over the polka dot paper and adhere.
- Stitch a 9" diameter circlein the upper right of the page, approximately 1 1/2" from the top of the grey and 1/4" from the right. TIP:Draw your circle in light pencil first to use as a stitching guide. Erase after you've sewn on the page.
- Cut a 6" diameter circle out of the bright pink paper.
- Cut a 5" circle out of the black/white polka dot. Adhere inside the pink circle. TIP: This is the B side of the pink paper so I cut these at the same time by simply cutting them inside each other. I just flipped the middle over and it was a perfect fit inside the pink circle.
- Stitch it to the layout overlapping the larger stitched circle as well as overlapping the black polka dot on the side.
- Cut frames out of the frame paper in the 6x6 paper pad. Arrange them around your photo.
- Embellish with sentiments, stickers, brads, etc.
- Add cards to the top and bottom to pull the layout together.
- Embellish with more stickers, enamel dots, brads, mist, etc.
- Add your title and journaling to complete the page.
Happy. Go. Lucky Project Supplies from the A Charmed Life collection:
- 6x12 Page Elements 12x12 Paper | 3715
- Navy Stripes 12x12 Paper | 3717
- Happy. Go. Lucky. 12x12 Paper | 3707
- Green Stripes 12x12 Paper | 3721
- Happy Times 12x12 Paper | 3709
- Insta-Squares | 3730
- SN@P Cards | 3723
- Chipboard | 3728
- Bits & Pieces | 3729
"Poppin' Tags" Project Supplies from the DIY Boutique collection:
- 6x6 Paper Pad | 5122
- Insta-Frames | 5145
- Chipboard | 5128
- Brads | 5127
- Outside the Box 12x12 Paper | 5106
- Who's to Say? 12x12 Paper | 5107
- Boutique Dots/Pink 12x12 Paper | 5113
- Card Foundations | 5126
- Stickers - Boutique | 5141