The design team here at Simple Stories is so excited to join PageMaps in its month-long celebration, and all the party details can be found here.
Simple Stories participated in the "On The Border" challenge with Lynn Ghahary, where we had to use three border designs on our project, along with this PageMaps sketch below for inspiration.
What a fun challenge!
And here's my take on the sketch....
My layout was inspired by the sketch (ok, obviously, ha!) but also from a recent trip in March to NYC with my fiance. His first time in the city and we had a blast! A few of my favs from the sketch are the ink splashes/sprinkles of confetti. I wanted the sparkle and excitement of the city to shine through in my layout. Also, I love the super fun focus on the variety of border strips.
The ledger paper from the Urban Traveler Simple Basics Kit is just that, simple + basic. You can choose to jazz it up (as I made my layout) or keep it simple & toned down. I love the neutral tone to this paper and just the freedom to work it with some color, if you like. I used splashes of inks, mists, and those super cool new brads from Urban Traveler.
You can work the border strips in the sketch with many options. I love variety & a bit "out of the box", so I went this route....
- Stamps: Used a cityscape stamp for a repetitive stamping of a city border to play on the NYC landscape of skyscrapers.
- Border Punch/Silhouette Cameo: I used my Cameo for the filmstrip movie border. This is a fun touch on the Broadway theme and movie feel to the city.
- Ticket Stubs: I used a strip of ticket stubs from my stash of scraps as a fun accent as another border strip.
- Sticker Border Strips: The Simple Stories collections have an awesome variety of sticker border strips in every collection. I used sticker border strips from the Urban Traveler collection.
I used the clock accent as a play on the "city that never sleeps". Also, the pictures in my layout were taken in Times Square, NYC. So, rightly I added in this dimensional clock accent.
I love the 24/7 banner sticker here from the 24/Seven collection. I combined it up with a torn cardstock cut accent from my Silhouette Cameo and wood veneer numbers.
I hope you enjoyed my take on this sketch!
We'd love to see what you create with this same challenge and we've sweetened the pot with a prize package of our newest release, "I Heart Summer!"
You can join the challenge here.
Supply List | Simple Stories:
- 12x12 Simple Basics Kit - Navy Dots/Ledger #2918
- Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers #2902
- Expressions Cardstock Stickers #3103
- Decorative Brads #3126
Be sure to check out the full supply list over on my blog here.